Meeting New People



I'm immensely grateful that I attract really nice people into my life.
And it has got nothing to do with physical outlook, theirs nor mines. I've always been scared, terrified, that I would meet those people you'd see in movies or read in books after I leave the safe cocoon of my high school life. The ones with full intent to be friends with you is to screw you over. The ones that you'd thought were nice but by passing conversations you start to realize it was a huge mistake and want to get out, fast. And in my preference in friends, the ones who are so shallow and mean, you'd regret that they even know your name.

I have the fortune to never be fully involved with those type of people. I met them, sure, but I never have to deal with their dramas and conflicts. And recently, I met another nice person, one who I thought could be one of those people, but ends up being someone who hates those kind of people as well.
I'm really thankful that I manage to steer clear from them with the few very, very good friends I have. My great friends are perhaps the best of the best of them.

I still don't know why I have the luck to know such nice people.
But I'm still so young.
There's so much time left for me to get unlucky.