Do You Want to Know What the Internet Taught Me?



like anybody asked but
nonetheless, I will tell you.


JUST DON'T CARE 
WHAT OTHERS THINK.


you see, reading every posts and comments and articles online,
you're going to read that something you like that other people think is lame.


and apparently, I like a lot of lame things.

and for a second there, those things I like, I like less.
as if reading those condescending comments
ruined that thing I like for me.

"I don't get the hype. It's not really that great."
"They should get it canceled about now, tbh."
"Ugh, danggg, I find it so annoying."
"All of the characters are so generic, superficial."
"Really? People still care about it?"


 And it got me thinking:
Should I stop liking it because some people I don't know doesn't?
I understand that I'm a teenager and I'm bound to succumb to peer pressure
but really, just really, why should I change my taste because someone doesn't like it?

I'm at that point that I can read a comment and not get hurt by it for liking it.
I seriously don't care anymore.
I'm gonna watch/read/hear anything I like.
And if I find it awesome, then I find it awesome.
I guess I stopped wanting other people to find it awesome as well.

Who knew that I can learn life skills by being in my room from 8am to 9pm?