Butterfly With A Bullet


 To Leonnie, my poem&quote buddy,


You ran off with someone.
Who puts her heart on her sleeves
As clearly as you do
And I stand here, logic-shattered
As I crushed on how deeply I let you in
And tell it-in my own way-how much I love you
and stop before the words "I hope" come out.
Stole what I perceive
and feed it to your ego,
now you're just a flitting butterfly.
At my hand's reach 
but just something I
will never really keep.

Perhaps before the sun rises,
you are amazing
and your distance is 
irresistible.
You look ethereal 
in the shine of day.
You drive me to the wall
when you 
lean away.
Maybe I just like the chase, 
adore the tease.
There were--was--no love.
Just a pursuit to amuse my destructing satisfaction.

But when you were my ears,
Things happen faster 
than a bullet
The adrenaline was wonderful 
as the world speeds pass by.
When I say, It wasn't love, 
it backfired on me twicefold
So I succumb to the warm pillows 
in the centre of your eyes.

Then just as quick 
as that speeding bullet,
I woke up shivering.
And those eyes turn away.

You ran off with someone,
Who puts her heart on her sleeve
As clearly as you do.
I clutch a towel 
and drop my butterfly net.
I pick up the shards of my logic
And you were left stuck in a spider's web.