Post Promise Part One



To make up for the embarrassingly inappropriate post that have been the birth of fatigue and pure teenage angst before, I give you two new posts of what happened to me at the 3rd of October which when I reflect it, why can't I just combine to make one? But then I would not be keeping my promise and I would be an absolute jerk that goes haha. So I stuck with the two posts-promise I made.

This would be Part One.

My sister and I were already planning to go out that Sunday and we checked it with Dad (if you think how in the world I cleared it with him, read Miracle Happens. No Lie.) If you can guess it right now, yes, something that other than "oh, just going around...", an education fair. No. Stop. Please Stop. I'm such a rebel.

Sarcasm makes me happy.

Anyways, putting aside my lame excuse to leave the house (an education fair? What next? Nerd Convention? Although there was one...), I needed to di-stressify myself from my Final Exam. 
So at least I have a chance to sidetrack from the education fair.
I do have a prawn behind the stone.
(If you're not from Malaysia, it means I have a hidden agenda. 
It makes sense in Malay but translate it to English and...it doesn't, it even seemed a tad funny.)

Coming back to the main point:
The education fair was at a well-known chain hotel and when my Sister and I arrived (after going to the hotel lobby and getting really lost and I was getting infuriated by my sister who doesn't even know where the venue is and she had to ask from the information desk and it turns out it was on the other side of the hotel where we have to walk outside), it was really cold. And there were practically only six people there (minus the college counselors). What a turnout.

But we came fashionably early to get all the empty university stalls before we have to wait for other people. So people just trickled in by.

Like a pack, Sis and I roam around to several universities that offers our preferred programs and find for our respective options for post-secondary-school terms. My sister relayed a pattern to me after all the interviews and I, if not suspect it like a frayed fabric, would completely look pass through.

I think they underestimated us.

The college counselors, two of them foreigners (one was a slight uptight---sort of reminds me of the Public Vampire Relations Officer in True Blood but I think that's because of the slicked back blonde hair, the other rather friendly---she wore a red blouse and was very pleased that I wanted to take up Psychology just like she had), would look at us and like, really, emphasize on "You do know you need to get all A's" and "To enter this programme, you would have to have a 78 percent average" or "You need to be very good in English." Please, don't insult me. 
(Alright, I admit I can make some grammar mistakes. I'm still human.)

Always the person who likes to see the goodness in people, I pointed out, "Well, you do look like you're going to the market."
Note that I said 'you', referring to only my sister; I thought I wore pretty clean-cut that day. We wore pretty much the same thing: jeans, brown shirt, white shawl---oh gosh, no wonder people keep on insisting if we were twins!---but I assume I could present myself better.
My Sister shrugged. When they were doing way too much emphasizing, my sister shoot them down like arrows with an "Eh, I can do that" or a "No problem" and she even did a hand flip. Okay, I think having too much fun emphasizing unnecessarily.

My Mum came to pick us up a little early than we would think. We thought we have time to kick back and talk. Go to a nearby restaurant and a bite to eat or just going back to the hotel, ring a couple of rooms' bell and run away as the occupants open their door staring at equally confused neighbours. But then the hotel would be deemed haunted. Snap, we were this close to creating an urban myth. Dang.