My Letter To A Dead Man


This is a continuation to the post before. I wrote this the next day of my English essay, during my Chemistry Paper 2, because I felt so bad and guilty, hence I tried to calm myself by writing an unsent letter to a fictional character.
I felt better after writing this.


"

Dear Teri,

I am so sorry you had to die. Although it has been a well-formulated plan to cut you out like beef in a Swedish butchery, I can't help but to feel deep remorse and chagrin at your passing for my selfish endeavour for a high score in my English essay. Forgive me.

I have turned cynical nowadays and tend to revel in the most disturbing prospects despite my efforts to sunny up my essay and venture into a happy ever after. Sadly, I'm not that kind of person. My characters are dropping dead like flies in a zap-away-cage, having a weird twist of sad fate or by the most, a hopeful ending. Oh, but that is no excuse to what I have done to you. You died. I am still human and cannot detach this instant fondness I feel over you Teri, maybe because I named you after the sweetest character in True Blood.

Please note that I sent you off in a noble way. You died for your brother, Tommy (I just realized that that is another True Blood character. I'm sorry for being a parodist. I did not mean to.) You will forever be the sign of gallantry. I hope you can find compensation with that while cleaning the witch family's cauldron from iguana gunk and fish slime. It is my fault for picking witches out of the supernatural index, and not some sexy vampires or fairies. But pixies doesn't send out just the eerie vibe I was aiming for, you see?

I would also like to apologize that your predecessor, Tipsy Tori, was such a malicious alcoholic, taking away his brother's great-great-great-great-great grandson (you, I mean) like that. Don't bother. I'll make sure he has a bad ending to take you away from the world. (Did I just diverted the fact that I was the one who killed you off, where Tipsy Tori was just a lowly goon?)
He'll rot in hell, Tipsy Tori will.

Moving on, your death left many questioned about the validity of the town's myth (which, you know personally, is quite true.) The police concluded your death as a result of extreme hypothermia (it was raining when they found you; your bloody arm made them assumed that you almost drown in the lake---though there were no test results that you were in lake water.) The morgue assistant thought otherwise but kept mum about it so as to not start an uproar. Your cause of death was identified but remained a mystery. How does it feel like to leave the living in mystery? Well, I'm sure you didn't want to die but that is pretty cool, eh?

I also wanted to send you news about Tommy. He's alive and doing well. He has just started third grade and has a knack of being a charmer. You don't need to worry about him. He'll grow up and name his firstborn son after you. Just guessing. You must be so delighted. I hope you will.

Anyways, I hope you to be forever well (whatever state of form you are in now) and accept my apologies, once more, to have ended your life. But if you would ever reply me (in whatever way you will), could you answer this one question of mines?

Will you haunt and take another soul so you could be free?

I know you are not like that and you will never befall another misfortune to a family like what Tipsy Tori did to you. Hey, here's an idea. Take a lonely alcoholic! That should do the trick! He's bound to die anyway. But if you still say no to that suggestion, I would fully understand.

With love and utmost respect, I bid you ado. I still hope you would forgive me, if your heart has the emotional stretch to accept it. I wonder if the witch family is treating you well. When you feel like you're pretty sick and tired of them, you know what to do.



Your everlasting friend who killed you off,
Ashiqin
"