When The Play Ended


The play ended.
Among the hoots and claps,
I saw you making out of the crowd
in a white shirt.
You turned your head around, 
knowing that my eyes are trained on you.

What did you think when you saw me?
Were you as surprise as I?
How did my face looked like?
It must have been pitiful.

But it made you stop.

Momentarily, we locked on each other's gaze.
I didn't even know you would look at me that long.

You never understood me.
 We're just like two rivers of different speeds.
But somehow, at the end of the play,
I could see the acknowledgement on your composed face.
You watch me with that bored face, 
the poker face you put on only reserved for me.
You were always weary.
But why was this one different?
This intensity.

My feet came forward.
You were just there.
I widen my arms and,
as if you knew,
you opened yours to me.
Since when were we in sync?

I meant it to be a congratulatory hug.
Well done. Good job.
On the play.
But I strained it with misses.
The clutch was like we've been through a war.
Did you miss me as well?

What part were you in the play?
I can't recall.
I was the girl who made the sound of birds.
Always calling.
Like how I called for you.

I looked up to your face.
The timing felt right.
I need to tell you something.
You nodded, never spoke.
But when you took my hand,
it was like you knew.

I found a used store with the lights still on.
Hesitating to close the lights, I did not
and we hid in the corner behind broken wooden chairs.
I would confess my feelings I harbored for such long years.

and I remember no more.

that dream really shook me.
I knew it was just a mind game.
but I can still feel how it felt like to hug you.
we never did.
we never even knew we wanted to.
and perhaps, 




we never will.

_____________________________________________________

unrequited love.
I really wouldn't recommend it.