Tommy's Birthday


I finally got my Final Exam's English Paper back.
This would be my last installment of
I'M SO SORRY THAT YOU HAD TO DIE, TERI

Seriously. I can't get enough him.

Right, so if you don't know what I'm talking about
then please READ THIS.
Are you reading it?
You should by know because if you don't then you won't get it
and you would think I'm writing some nonsensical thing that
wouldn't make sense and I'm just writing some 'inside story'
that I shouldn't reveal to you because it's my own personal, sad story.
No.
This is my own personal, sad story that involves a fictional character



Did you finish reading it?
If your answer is…
YES. I did. I know the whole story now so thank you for pressuring me to click the link : Carry on.
NO. I dislike you for forcing me to read. BE GONE : you don't deserve to continue reading.


So. The question for this English Essay now is that we have to start with a sentence that goes, "It was a beautiful morning…" I was very, very tempted to write "Not." Very Meg Cabot, but decided against it and wrote something in honor of Teri - again. (I know what you are thinking: Does this girl really want to write essays about Teri all semester long? The answer is a Maybe but I am confirming that this would be the last time I will write about him for this year. I believe I should start afresh the next year. But I am seriously upset this. Oh well. Chin up. Don't look back.)

As always, the grammatical error in my Original Essay would be kindly ignored and rewritten. As an added effect, I was very pleased on who narrates for this story. Guess who. Guess who. Aw, you'd be right.

Here it is.

"

It was a beautiful morning, a rare occurrence in Bluesky Woods. The sun was shooting rays of light, peeking shyly through the veils of clouds. I watched outside through my window at nature on this beautiful day. The birds were singing a high-pitch melody, flying in flocks around town. I did not even knew there were that many birds here before.

My name is Tommy and today is my birthday.

Bluesky Woods, despite the sunny name, was anything but for the past seven years. Dark clouds assemble almost everyday. Torrents of rain pours continuously, making us one of the wettest towns in the state. The trees naked of leaves, the grass brown as the ground and the flowers, well, they were non-existent.

This is why today I watched through my window, as closely as I could as my breath condenses against the glass, the nature that unfolds before me. It was as if I were wearing rose-tinted glasses. A burping sound came behind me and I glanced back.

On the floor, next to my bed was Tracy, my little sister of four years. She has large, brown eyes (my mother said that they were identical to mines) and was holding up her small hand that looked like delicate sausages to her mouth.
"Tracy, say 'excuse me' after you burp."
"'Cuz me."
" Good girl."
She smiled appreciatively and returned to play with her toys on the floor.

It has been seven years after Teri's death.

What I know of my brother, or what little I remember of him, ended with his funeral ten days after his body was found. I heard countless rumors spiraling around his mysterious death. They said he died with opened eyes and gaping mouth, they wondered about the gash in his left arm and how did he die in the park, overlooking the lake.

Growing up, I heard a lot of condolences from strangers. About how kind he was, how good looking he was, how he coveted his little brother. To me, Teri was a face I know, a hand I held, who played with me when I asked him to steer my toy truck. The same toy truck Tracy was playing right now.

I remembered I did not speak much after Teri died. I guess I was searching for the man who played with my toy truck. When Tracy entered into the family (a pink thing with hair, I recalled thinking the first time I saw her), she was quite a show-stealer, which everybody said another thing she got from me.

I watched with fascination as a squirrel climbed up to a tree hole faster than anything I saw that could climb. I heard the sounds of wheels approaching down the lane. A girl with long, red hair was riding a bicycle. She passed by my house, saw me looking out the window and smiled, riding along. I think I knew her in my class but I can't seem to think of anything right then.

Slowly, I wondered if it would be nice to have a trip to the park. I could bring Tracy along. We could play at the shallow end of the lake and pile up stone towers. I felt an inkling inside me. How did Teri feel like when he died? Was the lake the last thing he saw? I hoped it looked beautiful that time. For Teri's sake.

It was a beautiful morning on my birthday.
And I thank you to whoever sent me this gift.


"