Hear Me Out

    "I can't help but to be more than curious when it comes to you."
"More than more, there were times where I thought
I can't have enough of this.
Addiction or thirst, love is a dangerous illusion."

...hey, that should be song :D

[The sentence above is now copyrighted.]


Sometimes, sentences like those
---a silly sliver of thought that pass by
my head that is an echo of my consciousness
begging for some vocabulary exercise and
and a derision to optimistic love songs that
promises more than it should---
comes and visit me that make me stop and think
and curse on why I haven't had a pen&paper
with me at that time.
Always frustrating. All the time.

well, I have a computer this time.
haha opportunistic but badly-timed trail of thought.

sigh. ignore me.
I'm just being weird at this point.


Thinking too much is a bad habits of mine.
When I'm alone (and often, I am),
I start to think far too much.
That is why, when I could, my faithful earphones
are stuck in my ears, blasting in the highest volume
(that I wished could be just a little more higher),
playing songs that make (or distract) me to visualize.
The most easily graphical song in my playlist?
Most of them are.
That is why I go for the fast beats and electro songs.
I tend to doze off to the slower songs. Heeee :D


To all those who share the same story, something annoying
when you're wearing earphones is that when you're
obviously popped the earphones on, someone would always
come to you and started to talk to you and you in turn just stare
at them, hoping you could read lips.
And when they're done, they'll wait a while for you to respond.
"Hello? Are you even listening to me?" They might say (or to you, mouthed).
You would tug the cord to my earphones with a 'you think?' look on your face.
"Oh." Their lips went. And they start to say something really fast
and when you took of the earphones, they started to laugh in your face.
Whatever they say, they wanted to say it for a long time.


But here is my fast tips on how to…





Make Your Friends Think You're Listening To Them With Your Earphones On


(also applies when you don't have earphones on):




  • When they're talking, look at them with eyebrows furrowed.
  • When they smile and start to laugh at something, laugh a little too.
  • When they seem to ask you something, say these three magical words: I don't know.
  • When they say something and you're unsure how to respond, shrug or raise your eyebrows heavily. My favorite method is giving an 'eh.'
  • When they look away, tap on their shoulders and give them a 'what's up?' nod. They'll fill you in, anyways (whether this time you're listening or not).
  • And when they start to cry, take out those earphones and hug them.




These tips are just my compilation on what I did to my family members.

I wouldn't recommend these to people who are in relationships though. Trust me, you'll get seriously burned after that. I hold no responsibility if your partner wants to break up with you following those tips. But if you just want to see if it works, sure. Knock yourselves out.




p.s. People do catch on when you're not listening.


It's polite to listen. So listen all and listen well.







    Word of the Day: derision
    - contemptuous ridicule or mockery. you'll like to use that ;D