Secretarial Pages



 "I never really thought about it : I could get kicked out."

Probation.

No. Not like I was in jail.
Being a junior in the Editorial Board,
we are newbies and need to be...
well, "keep an eye on you" kind of thing
(I'm sorry, the verb escapes me at the moment...)

A meeting was held for this Thursday
and there were rumors that it was
Boot Day.
Some cuts in members.
Uh-oh.

When we attended the meeting,
My Boss started to write a list of jobs
on the whiteboard, and by the time
she wrote the last job 'Editor',
I knew what was in store.
Today's meeting is what we've been waiting for.
Our permanent jobs.
*jeng jeng jeng*

We assembled and were given a briefing
(yes, it really was our permanent jobs till next year).
Then, the whiteboard marker was raised.
We waited anxiously as our names are written on the board
next to our permanent jobs. Like teeth-gnashing.
To the brink that the tension could knock us out.
Being expelled from this would be highly humiliating.
(Am I a little over-exaggerating? 
Perhaps.)

 Finally :
It came to the last four jobs.
Treasurer, Secretary, Assistant Editor and Editor.

And so far, my name was not in the board.
Yet.
Or was not going to.
Gulp.

I frowned at the sight of Treasurer.
I'm bad with my money. I don't even trust myself with it.
If there were any money missing, I wouldn't notice.
I hope I'm not Treasurer. But then what lefts me...?

Oh man.
Is this how America's Next Top Model feels like???

Treasurer was given to The Kite Runner.
Simultaneously, we exhaled, relieved.
We were both nervous enough already.

That was when it came to my mind:
I might get kicked out.
Well.
I can't find anything optimistic about that.

My name was written
Next to Secretary.
We clapped.

I wanted to strangle my earlier-self for making me scared like that.
What was there to worry about?
But then again, you never know.


Assistant Editor and Editor was given out.
(Kudos to everybody that got the job.)
I feel really good that no one was discharged.
So I went over to the previous Secretary (now, my Sifu),
for some explanations and advices.
Thank you, Sifu :)


And that was that.

I am honest when I say this :
Never would I realize I would be The Secretary.
Let's not get it over our heads now.

No matter how important you are.
The role is never greater than Allah.

I try to carry this responsibility with elegant panache
And make a great name of the Franciscans' Editorial Board.

The torch is passed on.


just call me 'Secretary'
---
or better yet :
THIRD-IN-COMMAND
(muahahaha. talk about not going over your head.
allow me to enjoy this for one moment.)





we can go through this...if we're united as one :)