Misconceptions


alright. what's the deal?




i went in my bus a week before.
and we change bus in intervals at times and that time was one of them.
there were not a lot of students in there, only some from a boys' and chinese school.
i plopped myself down on a vacant seat, dreaming about the food back home and my bed
and if i could finish the bio papers in time (yes, i haven't finished it. procrastination is such a foul crime).


minding my own business (in bus terms, everybody pretty much minds their own business
unless they are already friends. however in the morning it's like a taboo to talk in the bus even though
they know each other. it's so quiet at early dawn and nobody wants to hear you asking about homework
while some try to get a little short shut-eye before arriving at school),
i noticed this young boy that speaks English (mostly they would just speak Chinese).
he looks vaguely familiar. i can't place him where but i shrugged it off.


so we change buses later and as the previous one i was in drove off,
through the mirror, i could see the boy, inside that bus,
cocking his hands at me like a gun and then 'shoots' at me, winking one eye.
my reaction : wtf?


i can feel my face with my eyebrows furrow in confusion.
i'm quite sure he was not making 'a pass' at me.
that is almost laughable to consider. *laughs in total hilarity*
but does he even know me? that is unsure.
because i'm sure as a brick that i don't remember him.


earlier this week,
i went in the wednesday bus and felt a tap on my arm as i entered
i sat down firstly and saw the same kid. 
he waved at me. okay. he must know me from somewhere..
i raised an 'i know' eyebrow, feigning acknowledgement 
(that i totally lack in my people recognition right then)




and this happened before.


during the Bakat Interact 2010 
(dubbed the "Escape to Yayasan")
i was in my seat (disturbingly near the speakers,
no wonder no one took these seats),
and a girl tapped me on my shoulder.
"hey, there."
i looked up behind me and saw a face i did not recognize.
"hey." i said, sounding like i know her (which i did not.)
"do you know what schools are going to perform?" she asked me.
her friends (which i suppose she came with) were shifting in their seats.


perhaps she's an old primary friend.


"um, yeah. there's all saints," i said while 
counting my fingers (there were going to be five schools)
"...convent, maktab, la salle and lok yuk."
"really?" she said, "is kk high coming?" she added hopefully.
KK High School?
"no. i don't think so." i said sadly, "but the concert is open
so maybe some kk highs are coming?"
"oh, good," she smiled, "'cause i'm hoping to see my boyfriend."


of course.


"alright then," i nodded and turned back as the show started.


and i started to rake my head how the heck did she know me.
that makes me feel bad. i'm not one to like forgetting people.




and on Wednesday (Ko-Kum day)
I spotted her again. In my school.
She was wearing a Pandu Puteri uniform,
and walked pass by me. she smiled and made a small wave.
i smiled back.
and it instantly hit me: oh. she was my junior.
instant relief. now i know.


i recognize her as a junior in the same group 
as I in Pandu Puteri. i was being exceptionally
chatty and friendly that day and i placed her face
to one of those more...friendlier juniors.
she is nice junior :)
though i'm a bad senior not to remember her :/


i have yet to ask her if she spotted her boyfriend there.
oh, and that kid. yeah, still don't know who he is.