My Shoes Are Ready

My heart races so fast when I saw that.
So fast. I can't remember the last time it could do that.
Even now, after all these years, you know how
to pull my heart-strings like a veteran puppet-master.

But you changed.
You turned. I don't know you.
But
We both did.

My phase of stupidity sailed.
And I grew stronger and prouder.
But I fear if my heart turns colder.

Who to say I could accept again?
Who to know when?
I pray to Allah to keep my heart open.
Don't close it. Don't close it.

I keep on telling myself how I moved on.
We both changed.
So we both did.
It was all my fault. I dug my own grave.
You weren't apart of this twisted game.

And no matter how much I want to see you again,
my mind told me to turn the other way.
I'll follow my mind.
Because that's what my teacher taught me.

I'm not stupid. No more.
The only one I should, and rightfully love is Allah.
God still loves me. Even when I can't hardly love myself.

Thank you for entering my life.
Now goodbye. You overstayed your visit.

You don't want to leave?
Fine.
I'll walk.